Why Images are your new Best Friend
These are the words on the lips of T&T marketers in the 2nd quarter of 2015. What do these emergent social networks all have in common? They are all image-based forms of media. With the rise of smartphone usage, and quick easy access to photography tools. Image-based social content has ascended the throne.
In 2013, YouTube was the 3rd most visited website in T&T, today it is THE most visited website in T&T – more than Facebook and more than Google. The rise of the Image, therefore extends to moving images.
Not only are these networks popular, they are effective.
- 67% of consumers consider clear, detailed images to carry more weight than product information or customer ratings.1
- Instagram delivered brands 58x more engagement per follower than Facebook and 120x more engagement per follower than Twitter.2
- Pinterest users spend more money than other social media site users.3
- 80% of website visitors recall a video ad on a website they visited in the past 30 days.4
- 10 million people have registered Periscope accounts in 4 months. Facebook took 2 years to reach 6 million users.5